Saturday, December 06, 2008

Bhai Niranjan Singh - Salana Smagam

Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Prabhaatee on Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj Ang 1333:

prabhaathee mehalaa 3 ||

jo thaeree saranaaee har jeeo thin thoo raakhan jog ||
Those who enter Your Sanctuary, Dear Lord, are saved by Your Protective Power.

thudhh jaevadd mai avar n soojhai naa ko hoaa n hog ||1||
I cannot even conceive of any other as Great as You. There never was, and there never shall be. ||1||

har jeeo sadhaa thaeree saranaaee ||
O Dear Lord, I shall remain in Your Sanctuary forever.

jio bhaavai thio raakhahu maerae suaamee eaeh thaeree vaddiaaee ||1|| rehaao ||
As it pleases You, You save me, O my Lord and Master; this is Your Glorious Greatness. ||1||Pause||

jo thaeree saranaaee har jeeo thin kee karehi prathipaal ||
O Dear Lord, You cherish and sustain those who seek Your Sanctuary.

aap kirapaa kar raakhahu har jeeo pohi n sakai jamakaal ||2||
O Dear Lord, the Messenger of Death cannot even touch those whom You, in Your Mercy, protect. ||2||

thaeree saranaaee sachee har jeeo naa ouh ghattai n jaae ||
True Is Your Sanctuary, O Dear Lord; it never diminishes or goes away.

jo har shhodd dhoojai bhaae laagai ouhu ja(n)mai thai mar jaae ||3||
Those who abandon the Lord, and become attached to the love of duality, shall continue to die and be reborn. ||3||

jo thaeree saranaaee har jeeo thinaa dhookh bhookh kishh naahi ||
Those who seek Your Sanctuary, Dear Lord, shall never suffer in pain or hunger for anything.

naanak naam salaahi sadhaa thoo sachai sabadh samaahi ||4||4||
O Nanak, praise the Naam, the Name of the Lord forever, and merge in the True Word of the Shabad. ||4||4||

---------------------------------

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj Ang 405:

aasaa mehalaa 5 ||

oudham karo karaavahu t(h)aakur paekhath saadhhoo sa(n)g ||
I make the effort, as You cause me to do, my Lord and Master, to behold You in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

har har naam charaavahu ra(n)gan aapae hee prabh ra(n)g ||1||
I am imbued with the color of the Love of the Lord, Har, Har; God Himself has colored me in His Love. ||1||

man mehi raam naamaa jaap ||
I chant the Lord's Name within my mind.

kar kirapaa vasahu maerai hiradhai hoe sehaaee aap ||1|| rehaao ||
Bestow Your Mercy, and dwell within my heart; please, become my Helper. ||1||Pause||

sun sun naam thumaaraa preetham prabh paekhan kaa chaao ||
Listening continually to Your Name, O Beloved God, I yearn to behold You.

dhaeiaa karahu kiram apunae ko eihai manorathh suaao ||2||
Please, be kind to me - I am just a worm. This is my object and purpose. ||2||

than dhhan thaeraa thoo(n) prabh maeraa hamarai vas kishh naahi ||
My body and wealth are Yours; You are my God - nothing is in my power.

jio jio raakhehi thio thio rehanaa thaeraa dheeaa khaahi ||3||
As You keep me, so do I live; I eat what You give me. ||3||

janam janam kae kilavikh kaattai majan har jan dhhoor ||
The sins of countless incarnations are washed away, by bathing in the dust of the Lord's humble servants.

bhaae bhagath bharam bho naasai har naanak sadhaa hajoor ||4||4||139||
By loving devotional worship, doubt and fear depart; O Nanak, the Lord is Ever-present. ||4||4||139||

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home