Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I am worthless, totally lacking all virtues

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Bilaaval on Pannaa 805 of SGGS ji:
iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]
bilaaval mehalaa 5
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:
moih inrgun sB guxh ibhUnw ]
mohi niragun sabh guneh bihoonaa
I am worthless, totally lacking all virtues.
dieAw Dwir Apunw kir lInw ]1]
dhaeiaa dhhaar apunaa kar leenaa 1
Bless me with Your Mercy, and make me Your Own. 1
myrw mnu qnu hir gopwil suhwieAw ]
maeraa man than har gopaal suhaaeiaa
My mind and body are embellished by the Lord, the Lord of the World.
kir ikrpw pRBu Gr mih AwieAw ]1] rhwau ]
kar kirapaa prabh ghar mehi aaeiaa 1 rehaao
Granting His Mercy, God has come into the home of my heart. 1Pause
Bgiq vCl BY kwtnhwry ]
bhagath vashhal bhai kaattanehaarae
He is the Lover and Protector of His devotees, the Destroyer of fear.
sMswr swgr Ab auqry pwry ]2]
sa(n)saar saagar ab outharae paarae 2
Now, I have been carried across the world-ocean. 2
piqq pwvn pRB ibrdu byid lyiKAw ]
pathith paavan prabh biradh baedh laekhiaa
It is God's Way to purify sinners, say the Vedas.
pwrbRhmu so nYnhu pyiKAw ]3]
paarabreham so nainahu paekhiaa 3
I have seen the Supreme Lord with my eyes. 3
swDsMig pRgty nwrwiex ]
saadhhasa(n)g pragattae naaraaein
In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, the Lord becomes manifest.
nwnk dws siB dUK plwiex ]4]9]14]
naanak dhaas sabh dhookh palaaein 4914
O slave Nanak, all pains are relieved. 4914

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home