Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Prof. Surinder Singh Ji ~ How Gholi Jeo Ghol Ghumaee

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Maajh on Ang 96

maajh mehalaa 5 choupadhae ghar 1 ||
Maajh, Fifth Mehla, Chau-Paday, First House:

maeraa man lochai gur dharasan thaaee ||
My mind longs for the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan.

bilap karae chaathrik kee niaaee ||
It cries out like the thirsty song-bird.

thrikhaa n outharai saa(n)th n aavai bin dharasan sa(n)th piaarae jeeo ||1||
My thirst is not quenched, and I can find no peace, without the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint. ||1||

ho gholee jeeo ghol ghumaaee gur dharasan sa(n)th piaarae jeeo ||1|| rehaao ||
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint Guru. ||1||Pause||

thaeraa mukh suhaavaa jeeo sehaj dhhun baanee ||
Your Face is so Beautiful, and the Sound of Your Words imparts intuitive wisdom.

chir hoaa dhaekhae saari(n)gapaanee ||
It is so long since this rainbird has had even a glimpse of water.

dhha(n)n s dhaes jehaa thoo(n) vasiaa maerae sajan meeth muraarae jeeo ||2||
Blessed is that land where You dwell, O my Friend and Intimate Divine Guru. ||2||

ho gholee ho ghol ghumaaee gur sajan meeth muraarae jeeo ||1|| rehaao ||
I am a sacrifice, I am forever a sacrifice, to my Friend and Intimate Divine Guru. ||1||Pause||

eik gharree n milathae thaa kalijug hothaa ||
When I could not be with You for just one moment, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga dawned for me.

hun kadh mileeai pria thudhh bhagava(n)thaa ||
When will I meet You, O my Beloved Lord?

mohi rain n vihaavai needh n aavai bin dhaekhae gur dharabaarae jeeo ||3||
I cannot endure the night, and sleep does not come, without the Sight of the Beloved Guru's Court. ||3||

ho gholee jeeo ghol ghumaaee this sachae gur dharabaarae jeeo ||1|| rehaao ||
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to that True Court of the Beloved Guru. ||1||Pause||

bhaag hoaa gur sa(n)th milaaeiaa ||
By good fortune, I have met the Saint Guru.

prabh abinaasee ghar mehi paaeiaa ||
I have found the Immortal Lord within the home of my own self.

saev karee pal chasaa n vishhurraa jan naanak dhaas thumaarae jeeo ||4||
I will now serve You forever, and I shall never be separated from You, even for an instant. Servant Nanak is Your slave, O Beloved Master. ||4||

ho gholee jeeo ghol ghumaaee jan naanak dhaas thumaarae jeeo || rehaao ||1||8||
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice; servant Nanak is Your slave, Lord. ||Pause||1||8||

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home