Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Perfect and Merciful Lord cherishes all.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Ang 240 of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj:
gauVI mhlw 5 ]
gourree mehalaa 5
Gauree, Fifth Mehla:
Awid miD jo AMiq inbwhY ] so swjnu myrw mnu cwhY ]1]
aadh madhh jo a(n)th nibaahai so saajan maeraa man chaahai 1
My mind longs for that Friend, who shall stand by me in the beginning, in the middle and in the end. 1
hir kI pRIiq sdw sMig cwlY ]
har kee preeth sadhaa sa(n)g chaalai
The Lord's Love goes with us forever.
dieAwl purK pUrn pRiqpwlY ]1] rhwau ]
dhaeiaal purakh pooran prathipaalai 1 rehaao
The Perfect and Merciful Lord cherishes all. 1Pause
ibnsq nwhI Coif n jwie ]
binasath naahee shhodd n jaae
He shall never perish, and He shall never abandon me.
jh pyKw qh rihAw smwie ]2]
jeh paekhaa theh rehiaa samaae 2
Wherever I look, there I see Him pervading and permeating. 2
suMdru suGVu cquru jIA dwqw ]
su(n)dhar sugharr chathur jeea dhaathaa
He is Beautiful, All-knowing, the most Clever, the Giver of life.
BweI pUqu ipqw pRBu mwqw ]3]
bhaaee pooth pithaa prabh maathaa 3
God is my Brother, Son, Father and Mother. 3
jIvn pRwn ADwr myrI rwis ]
jeevan praan adhhaar maeree raas
He is the Support of the breath of life; He is my Wealth.
pRIiq lweI kir irdY invwis ]4]
preeth laaee kar ridhai nivaas 4
Abiding within my heart, He inspires me to enshrine love for Him. 4
mwieAw islk kwtI gopwil ]
maaeiaa silak kaattee gopaal
The Lord of the World has cut away the noose of Maya.
kir Apunw lIno ndir inhwil ]5]
kar apunaa leeno nadhar nihaal 5
He has made me His own, blessing me with His Glance of Grace. 5
ismir ismir kwty siB rog ]
simar simar kaattae sabh rog
Remembering, remembering Him in meditation, all diseases are healed.
crx iDAwn srb suK Bog ]6]
charan dhhiaan sarab sukh bhog 6
Meditating on His Feet, all comforts are enjoyed. 6
pUrn purKu nvqnu inq bwlw ]
pooran purakh navathan nith baalaa
The Perfect Primal Lord is Ever-fresh and Ever-young.
hir AMqir bwhir sMig rKvwlw ]7]
har a(n)thar baahar sa(n)g rakhavaalaa 7
The Lord is with me, inwardly and outwardly, as my Protector. 7
khu nwnk hir hir pdu cIn ] srbsu nwmu Bgq kau dIn ]8]11]
kahu naanak har har padh cheen sarabas naam bhagath ko dheen 811
Says Nanak, that devotee who realizes the state of the Lord, Har, Har, is blessed with the treasure of the Naam. 811

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home