Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I am joined in true love with You, Lord

Gurbani is by Bhagat Ravi Daas Ji in Raag Sorath on Ang 658 of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj:

jau qum igirvr qau hm morw ]
jo thum girivar tho ham moraa
If You are the mountain, Lord, then I am the peacock.
jau qum cMd qau hm Bey hY ckorw ]1]
jo thum cha(n)dh tho ham bheae hai chakoraa 1
If You are the moon, then I am the partridge in love with it. 1
mwDvy qum n qorhu qau hm nhI qorih ]
maadhhavae thum n thorahu tho ham nehee thorehi
O Lord, if You will not break with me, then I will not break with You.
qum isau qoir kvn isau jorih ]1] rhwau ]
thum sio thor kavan sio jorehi 1 rehaao
For, if I were to break with You, with whom would I then join? 1Pause
jau qum dIvrw qau hm bwqI ]
jo thum dheevaraa tho ham baathee
If You are the lamp, then I am the wick.
jau qum qIrQ qau hm jwqI ]2]
jo thum theerathh tho ham jaathee 2
If You are the sacred place of pilgrimage, then I am the pilgrim. 2
swcI pRIiq hm qum isau jorI ]
saachee preeth ham thum sio joree
I am joined in true love with You, Lord.
qum isau joir Avr sMig qorI ]3]
thum sio jor avar sa(n)g thoree 3
I am joined with You, and I have broken with all others. 3
jh jh jwau qhw qyrI syvw ]
jeh jeh jaao thehaa thaeree saevaa
Wherever I go, there I serve You.
qum so Twkuru Aauru n dyvw ]4]
thum so t(h)aakur aour n dhaevaa 4
There is no other Lord Master than You, O Divine Lord. 4
qumry Bjn ktih jm PWsw ]
thumarae bhajan kattehi jam faa(n)saa
Meditating, vibrating upon You, the noose of death is cut away.
Bgiq hyq gwvY rivdwsw ]5]5]
bhagath haeth gaavai ravidhaasaa 55
To attain devotional worship, Ravi Daas sings to You, Lord. 55

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/audio/Kirtan/Bhai%20Maninder%20Singh%20Sri%20Nagar%20wale/Tum%20Seo%20Jori.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home