Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fareed, the path is muddy, and the house of my Beloved is so far away

Gurbani is by Bhagat Sheikh Fareed Ji in Salok Fareed Jee on Ang 1379 of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj
PrIdw glIey ickVu dUir Gru nwil ipAwry nyhu ]
fareedhaa galeeeae chikarr dhoor ghar naal piaarae naehu
Fareed, the path is muddy, and the house of my Beloved is so far away.
clw q iBjY kMblI rhW q qutY nyhu ]24]
chalaa th bhijai ka(n)balee rehaa(n) th thuttai naehu 24
If I go out, my blanket will get soaked, but if I remain at home, then my heart will be broken. 24

iBjau isjau kMblI Alh vrsau myhu ]
bhijo sijo ka(n)balee aleh varaso maehu
My blanket is soaked, drenched with the downpour of the Lord's Rain.
jwie imlw iqnw sjxw qutau nwhI nyhu ]25]
jaae milaa thinaa sajanaa thutto naahee naehu 25
I am going out to meet my Friend, so that my heart will not be broken. 25

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/audio/Kirtan/Bhai%20Dya%20Singh/Dya%20Singh%20-%20O%20Farid%2C%20the%20lanes%20are%20muddy.mp3

1 Comments:

Blogger Manvir Singh (UK) said...

Vaheguru.

The post reminds us to appreciate life and the gifts of God.

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home