Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Please, save me, O my Beloved! I offer this prayer to my God

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Sorath on Ang 619 of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj:

soriT mÚ 5 ]
sorat(h) ma 5
Sorat'h, Fifth Mehla:

gey klys rog siB nwsy pRiB ApunY ikrpw DwrI ]
geae kalaes rog sabh naasae prabh apunai kirapaa dhhaaree
My sufferings have come to an end, and all diseases have been eradicated.

AwT phr AwrwDhu suAwmI pUrn Gwl hmwrI ]1]
Aat(h) pehar aaraadhhahu suaamee pooran ghaal hamaaree 1
God has showered me with His Grace. Twenty-four hours a day, I worship and adore my Lord and Master; my efforts have come to fruition. 1

hir jIau qU suK sMpiq rwis ]
har jeeo thoo sukh sa(n)path raas
O Dear Lord, You are my peace, wealth and capital.

rwiK lYhu BweI myry kau pRB AwgY Ardwis ] rhwau ]
raakh laihu bhaaee maerae ko prabh aagai aradhaas rehaao
Please, save me, O my Beloved! I offer this prayer to my God. Pause

jo mwgau soeI soeI pwvau Apny Ksm Brosw ]
jo maago soee soee paavo apanae khasam bharosaa
Whatever I ask for, I receive; I have total faith in my Master.

khu nwnk guru pUrw ByitE imitE sgl AMdysw ]2]14]42]
kahu naanak gur pooraa bhaettiou mittiou sagal a(n)dhaesaa 21442
Says Nanak, I have met with the Perfect Guru, and all my fears have been dispelled. 21442

When the Lord extends His Mercy our sufferings, our problems, our pains, our stresses, our burdens, our unhappiness, our despair, our misery, our troubles, our diseases, our agony, our sadness, our hurt, our injuries, our grief, our sorrow, our anguish, our wounds are ALL ended. The aath pahar are the eight four hour intervals of the days, which essentially means 24 hours a day. 24 hours a day the Gursikh contemplates the Lord which is fruitful; everyone reaps what they sow and the Gursikhs that sow the seeds of worshipping the Lord reap the sweet fruit of happiness and anand. When Gursikh repeats the Name of the Lord, from which everything is obtained, they are satisfied, satiated, happy, rich and at peace.

For the rehaao line to reflect on, is a supplication, an ardaas, to the Lord, the Loved One of all to save his servant. This Shabad is about supplicating to the Lord and praying most sincerely and humbly from the heart for Him to save us from the sufferings of being born and reborn. The best way to do this is to think about all the pain you may have suffered over the past year – the stresses, the hurt, everything.. Then think about the pain over the past five years, then contemplate all the pain you have experienced in all your life.. Take all that pain and use it to do the most sincere, most heartfelt ardaas possible. There will be a lot our minds will have forgotten or blocked out.. Can someone even begin to imagine the pain of going through all this again and again.. The pain of birth and death again..

When the Gursikh does ardaas in this way with full faith in the Lord he receives anything he asks for.. Such sincere Gursikhs meet and become one with the Perfect Guru and are fearless as they know the Lord is inside them and they see Him all around.

http://rajkaregakhalsa.net/audio/Kirtan/Bh...hai_Mere_Ko.mp3

IPB Image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home